BLOCKS use the Work Advance Model. This is a rigorously evaluated industry-driven Career Pathway model with proven results - the pilot demonstrated that comprehensive and aligned services helped 50 percent of the participants advance within two years, with an average hourly wage increase of over $2.
- Individual-focused: Right job at the right time at the right place with seamless and comprehensive supports in place.
- Employer-focused: Real understanding of employer needs that is responsive to hiring needs.
- Advancement-focused: From the beginning of engagement, an employment plan focused on being self-sufficient.
- Systematic and comprehensive approach
- Holistic support
- Diverse training and programming to adequately meet needs
- Targeted/ Strategic interventions in order to reduce employment barriers